2016 Ballina/Killaloe St. Patrick’s Day paradeMarch 20th, 2016 | Posted by in Uncategorized
Following a most successful St. Patrick’s Day parade in Ballina/ Killaloe the organising committee would like to thank all those who helped make the day such a success.
- Sergeant Annette Ryan and members of the Killaloe Gardaí for their excellent work in ensuring the safe and successful running of the parade
- The Killaloe Coastguard Unit for their participation in the parade and for organising a fly-over during the parade
- The Killaloe Fire Brigade
- All the clubs/organisations, businesses and individuals who put so much work into preparing their floats for the day
- The dignitories who were present on the reviewing stand – Councillor Michael Begley, Councillor Phyll Bugler, Cllr. Joe Cooney, Timmy Dooley T.D., Fr. James Grace, Fr. Edmond O’Rahelly, Inspector John O’Sullivan, Reverend Gary Paulsen and Sadie Scanlan.
- Mike McGrath Haulage for providing the reviewing stand for the parade
- Killaloe Flowers for beautifully decorating the reviewing stand for the celebrations
- Mike McKee for providing the PA for the day
- The parade stewards & all those who helped out with the preparations on the day
- Our sponsors, without whom the running of such a successful parade would not have been possible:
Clare County Council – 1916 Centenary Fund, Tipperary County Council – Nenagh Municipal District,
A Dog’s Life, Alchemy, Allied Irish Bank, An Siopa Beag, Ballina Engineering, Ballina Handball Club, Birdhill Tidy Towns, Brian Ború on the Hill, Car Pal, Clare/Tipp Properties, 11th Clare Scouting Clonlara, Card Connections, Collins Pharmacy Ballina, Collins Pharmacy & The Celtic Cat Killaloe, Darkness into Light, Derg Credit Union, Derg House B&B, East Clare Hunt, E&G Hardware, Farrell’s SPAR, Fine Rags, Flanagan’s on the Lake, Harry Brann Auctioneers, K9 Grooming, Killaloe/Ballina Community and Family Resource Centre, Killaloe Post Office, Killaloe Sailing Club, Killaloe Scouts, Larkin’s Gala, Lough Derg F.C., McKeogh’s Hardware, Molly’s Bar & Restaurant, Ponte Vecchio, Quay Arts, Reddan’s Bar, Sasha Morrissey Irish Dancing, Simply Delicious, Supervalu, The Anchor Inn, The Lakeside Hotel & Leisure Centre, Unislim, Walsh’s Bar.
- We would also like to congratulate the winners on the day –
Best Overall Float: Killaloe Scouts
Best Business Float: McKeogh’s Hardware
Best Club Float: Ballina Handball Club
Best Comical/Topical: A Dog’s Life
Best 1916 Commemoration Float: Birdhill Tidy Towns
Special Merit Award: Pink Ribbon
Best Dressed Window: Joanne’s Boutique, Ballina
The judging panel would like to commend all other entries in the parade who put so much thought and work into their floats.
We look forward to seeing you for Féile Brian Ború 2016 which will take place from Thursday 30th June – Sunday 3rd July. Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Feilebrianboru) to get updates on this years’ festival.