Ballina-Killaloe St. Patrick’s Day parade 2022April 15th, 2022 | Posted by in Entertainment | Family | Fun
After two years with no parade, we were so delighted to be back this year, and we were even more delighted to see hundreds of people lining the streets of Ballina and Killaloe to help us celebrate our patron saint.
The organising committee would like to say a huge thank you to all those who helped make the day such a success –
- Inspector Michella Moloney, Sergeant Val McCormick and members of the Killaloe Gardaí for their excellent work in ensuring the safe and successful running of the parade. We are very grateful to you all.
- Killaloe Fire Brigade
- The Killaloe Coastguard Unit for a fantastic display of their services
- St. Patrick; our group of drummers led by Boris Hunka, and our Piper Brian O’Connell
- All the voluntary clubs & organisations, individuals and businesses who put so much work into preparing their floats for the day –
A-Secure Ltd.; Ballina Camogie; Ballina LGFA; Ballina/Killaloe RFC, Birdhill FC, Ború Tri-Club; Derg Credit Union; Irish Guide Dogs Volunteers; Irish Taekwondo Academy, Killaloe 5th/22nd Scout Group, Killaloe/Ballina Community Garden; Killaloe Sailing Club; Lough Derg FC, Munster Tree Surgeons; My Next Adventure; Smith O’Brien’s GAA and Camogie and a fantastic collection of classic cars owned and driven by members of our local communities.
We would also like to say a huge thank you to all the floats who continued from the Green to Lakes Nursing Home to entertain the many residents who were getting into the spirit of our feast day
- Our sponsors, without whom the running of such a successful parade would not have been possible: Tipperary County Council and Clare County Council,
Allied Irish Bank, Brian Ború on the Hill, Collins Pharmacy Ballina, Derg House, Farrell’s SPAR, Fine Rags, Grogan’s Pharmacy & Optician’s, Irish Taekwondo Academy, Kavanagh’s Butchers, Larkin’s Gala, McKeogh’s Hardware, Munster Tree Surgeons, Scoop’s Ice-Cream Parlour, Strands Hair Salon, Supervalu, Therese’s Hair Salon, The Bridge Creative Arts Centre, The Lakeside Hotel & Leisure Centre, TJ’s Angling Centre, & Walsh’s Bar.
- The dignitories who attended the parade and those who were present on the reviewing stand – Councillor Fiona Bonfield, Councillor Phyll Bugler, Cllr. John Carroll, Rev. Paul Fitzpatrick, Fr. James Grace, Fr. Tom Lanigan-Ryan, Cllr. Michael O’Meara – Cathaoirleach of Nenagh Municipal District, Inspector Michella Moloney.
We would also like to thank the following who, due to other commitments, were not able to attend on the day – Councillors Joe Cooney, Ger Darcy, Hughie McGrath, Rocky McGrath, Seamus Morris, Tony O’Brien; Fr. Ted O’Rahelly, Rev. Rod Smith, Rosemary Joyce – Nenagh Municipal District.
- Mike McGrath Haulage for providing the reviewing stand for the parade,
A-Secure Ltd. who helped to decorate the bridge for the day,
Mike McKee for providing the PA for the day,
Killaloe/Ballina Community and Family Resource Centre,
Ballina GAA, the parade stewards, judges & all those who helped with the preparations on the day.
- We would also like to congratulate the winners on the day –
Best Overall Float: Killaloe 5th/22nd Scouts;
Best Business Float: A-Secure Ltd;
Best Voluntary Organisation: Killaloe Coast Guard Unit
Special Merit Award: Classic Cars Collection
Best Dressed Window: Fine Rags, Killaloe
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback.