We received almost 2oo photos of your gorgeous fur babies, and this was such a difficult one to judge.
However, I think you’ll agree the winners are well deserving.
Congratulations to all the winners of our art competition – “Your Favourite Place on a Plate”
Thanks to Scoops for their ice-cream vouchers
All the pieces of art entered are currently on display in Crotty’s window on Bridge Street (across from RAW)
On the recommendation of the National Public Health Emergency Team, we have decided to postpone the 2020 St. Patrick’s Day parade –
we hope to run this at a later date and will keep you posted! We did not make this decision lightly.
Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Féile Brian Boru Swimming Pool Gala was a great fun event. It catered for all ages and abilities. Well done to Paddy & Lifeguards Anthony & Laura for organising the events and to Mary for providing refreshments to all.
U10A Freestyle : 1. Tadhg Hogan 2. Noah Shannon 3.Ryan Crotty
U10B Freestyle : 1. Charlie Collins 2. Arron Welsh
U11 Freestyle: 1. Adam Ahern 2. Iggy Ordon 3. John Nolan
U12 Freestyle : 1. Jagode Ordon 2. Mark Ahern 3. Leonne Geragthy 4. Shauna Higgins
Junior Armband/Woggle : 1.Elle Slattery 2. Ruby Welsh 3. Sarah Ordon 4. Ollie Collins
Dive Time Trial Open: 1.Jagobe Ordon 2. Mark Ahern 3.John Nolan
Mammy’s Race : 1. Orla Collins 2.Camille Nolan
Daddy’s Race 1. Seamus Collins
Lifeguard Race: 1. Anthony Dunne 2.Tadhg O Shaughnessy Joint 3rd Rory Mockler & Laura Mc Grath
32 swimmers took part in the annual Shannon Swim which starts at the Pier Head and finishes before Killalie Brudge, a distance of approx. 500 metres.
The winners were as follows:
1st – Edie Reynolds
2nd – Deirdre Kearney
3rd – Orlagh Scanlon
1st – Finn McGeever
2nd – Christian Jones
3rd – Nicholas O’Brien
Finn McGeever was first in at a time of 5:22:44, beating his previous time of just over 6 minutes. Well done to Finn.
1st – John Ryan
2nd – Geno Quinlan
3rd – Rosie Foley
Juvenile Winner – Rory Bradwell
Well done to all who took part.
The judges had a really hard job but the winners on the day were:
0 – 3 years
1st – Rian O’Connell
2nd – Maia Cooney
3rd – Logan Tucker
4 – 6 years
1st – Laoise
2nd – Ryan Murphy
3rd – Doireann Moloney
7 – 9 years
As there were so many fantastic entries in this category, the judges awarded joint 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes.
1st – Ryan Crotty & Elle Jorgensen
2nd – Grace Nagle & Tegan Muldoon
3rd – Emma Kenny & Louise Ryan
1st – Kristina Horenberg & Tori Muldoon (Joint Prize)
2nd – Tara
3rd – Caoimhe Moloney
Huge thanks to all who helped with thus event – Killaloe Library, Bridge House Studios & Benson Box.
Thanks to Mike Quigley for some great photos!
Everyone enjoyed some drumming with the Fuinneamh Community Drum afterwards
Despite the rather risky weather, hundreds of people lined the streets for the 2019 Ballina/Killaloe St. Patrick’s Day parade and the organising committee would like to say a huge thanks to all those who helped make the day such a success.
- Inspector Morgen O’Donoghue, Sergeant Annette Ryan and members of the Killaloe Gardaí for their excellent work in ensuring the safe and successful running of the parade
- The Killaloe Coastguard Unit for their fantastic display of their services
- Killaloe Fire Brigade
- Our group of drummers who led this years’ parade, St. Patrick and our Piper Brian O’Connell
- All the voluntary clubs & organisations, individuals and businesses who put so much work into preparing their floats for the day –
Ballina GAA Club; Ballina/Killaloe RFC, Birdhill FC, Birdhill Tidy Towns, Ború Tri-Club; CarPal, Derg Credit Union; Derg Credit Union; Fergus Collins Construction; Irish Taekwondo Academy, Killaloe 5th/22nd Scout Group, Kieran Scullane Home Improvements; Kilbane Tractor Run; Killaloe Garden Hire; Lough Derg FC, My Next Adventure; Smith O’Brien’s GAA and Vintage Tractor driven by John Bowman
- We would also like to say a huge thank you to all the floats who continued from the Green to Lakes Nursing Home to entertain the many residents who were getting into the spirit of our feast day
- Killaloe/Ballina Community and Family Resource Centre for their continued support,
- Our sponsors, without whom the running of such a successful parade would not have been possible:
Main Sponsors of this year’s event: Tipperary County Council and Technopath Clinical Diagnostics.
- Allied Irish Bank, Birdhill Tidy Towns, Brian Ború on the Hill, Car Pal, Collins Pharmacy Ballina, Derg Credit Union, Farrell’s SPAR, Fergus Collins Construction, Fine Rags, Flanagan’s on the Lake, Gooser’s Bar & Restaurant, Grogan’s Pharmacy & Optician’s, Harry Brann Auctioneers, Irish Taekwondo Academy, Kieran Scullane Home Improvements, Kilbane Tractor Run, Killaloe Garden Hire, Killaloe Post Office, Larkin’s Gala, Lough Derg FC, McKeogh’s Hardware, Scoop’s Ice-Cream Parlour, The Lakeside Hotel & Leisure Centre, & Walsh’s Bar.
- The dignitories who attended the parade and those who were present on the reviewing stand – Councillor Fiona Bonfield, Councillor Phyll Bugler, Timmy Dooley T.D, Fr. James Grace, Councillor Mattie McGrath, Inspector Morgen O’Donoghue, Fr. Tom Lanigan-Ryan, Councillor Tony O’Brien
We would also like to thank the following who, due to other commitments, were not able to attend on the day – Cllr. Joe Cooney, Councillor Ger Darcy and Sadie Scanlan.
- Mike McGrath Haulage for providing the reviewing stand for the parade
- Killaloe Flowers for beautifully decorating the reviewing stand for the celebrations
- Ballina Engineering who kindly provided our steps for the reviewing stand
- Mike McKee for providing the PA for the day
- Killaloe/Ballina Community and Family Resource Centre for their continued support,
- Ballina GAA for use of the complex,
- The parade stewards & all those who helped out with the preparations on the day
- Our volunteer photographers who did a great job capturing the parade – Dennis Kennedy and Robert Fairfield
We would also like to congratulate the winners on the day –
Best Overall Float: Fergus Collins Construction;
Best Business Float: Killaloe Garden Hire;
Best Topical Float: Birdhill Tidy Towns;
Best Comical Float: Lough Derg FC;
Best Club Float: Killaloe 5th/22nd Scouts;
Special Merit Award: The Irish Taekwondo Academy
Best Dressed Window: Collins Pharmacy, Ballina
We look forward to seeing you for Féile Brian Ború 2019 which this year will take place on the later dates of from Wednesday 17th – Sunday 21st July.
Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Feilebrianboru) to get updates on this years’ festival.
Photo Credit: Denis Kennedy
We are delighted to announce that this year’s St. Patrick’s Day parade will take place on Sunday 17th March 2019.
The parade will start from Ballina GAA complex at 2:30pm, travel through Ballina, across the bridge, finishing in the Green in Killaloe.
All local businesses, clubs and individuals are encouraged to take part on the day. All entries must complete a St.-Patricks-Day-parade-application and return to the committee.
Prizes will be presented in the following categories –
- Best Overall Float
- Best Business Float
- Best club/voluntary group
- Best Comical Float
- Best Topical Float
- Special Merit Award
A prize will also be presented to the business or home with the best dressed window in Ballina & Killaloe.
For further details or booking, please contact 087 261 5406 or e-mail: email@example.com
Ballina/Killaloe St. Patrick’s Day 2018
Plans are well underway for this year’s parade and it’s guaranteed to be full of music, entertainment, colour and fun!
This year’s parade will leave Ballina GAA Complex @ 1pm and it will follow the usual route, finishing in the Green, Killaloe.
We are encouraging all businesses, clubs, organisations and individuals to get involved and enter a float – All creative interpretations are welcome!
To register an entry, please contact John Grimes 086/2587819 or Paddy Collins 087/2615406 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
Prizes will be presented on the day for the best entries. A prize will also be presented on the day for the business or home with the Best Dressed Window so if you would like to help add colour to the streets of Ballina/Killaloe by decorating your window(s), please e-mail to email@example.com.
We hope you will join us in celebrating the 2018 Ballina/Killaloe St. Patrick’s Day Parade in style!
We need you!
The organising committee are looking for volunteers on the day to assist during the parade. If you are interested in stewarding or you are a First Aider and would like to help out please contact John Grimes 086/2587819 or Paddy Collins 087/2615406 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
From Wednesday 1st July – Sunday 5th July 2015, experience a variety of fun activities including, historical guided tours, a stunning Fireworks display over the river Shannon, Traditional Craft Experience, Animal Magic with their amazing display of animals, Strut your Mutt Fun Dog Show, Children’s Art Competition, Art exhibitions & displays, Street Theatre, Live Music, Table Quiz, Farmers Market, Shannon Swim, Canoe Polo and much, much more!
Féile Brian Ború 2015 Highlight – Legends of Irish music & song The FUREYS will play LIVE in concert in The Lakeside Hotel on Sunday 5th July. Renowned for their hit songs ‘I will love you’, ‘When you were sweet 16’, ‘The Green fields of France’, ‘The old man’, ‘Red rose café’, ‘From Clare to here’, ‘Her father didn’t like me anyway’, ‘Leaving Nancy’, ‘Steal away’ have been entertaining audiences worldwide for 37 years. Their emotive songs stir many emotions….tears and laughter, sadness and joy. A FUREYS concert is always a night to remember. Tickets €20. For further information and tickets, contact The Lakeside Hotel T: 061-376122.
Féile Brian Ború 2015 – Fun for all the family guaranteed!
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates- www.facebook.com/
Check out our website – www.feilebrianboru.com
We are delighted to launch the new Feile Brian Boru website.
You will see signs throughout the site that the Feile is increasing in scale and ambition as we move towards 2014.
This has been made possible by an expanding team of professionals giving their time to advise and assist with all aspects of the event.
If you would also like to be involved, please get in touch and you can be part of a truly inspiring community collective effort.